(For Clients, Consultants, Staff and Suppliers)
MOOi Architecture Ltd is a registered Private Limited Company (Registered Number: 08379127) and based at 20 Station Road, Cambridge, CB1 2JD.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
MOOi Architecture Ltd offers architectural services and any associated services in relation to this. We are therefore a ‘Data Controller’ under GDPR. This means that we decide how your personal data is processed, and for what purposes. Data is collected during day-to-day business via communication with clients, employees, suppliers and other third parties. This policy outlines how we may use your data, in accordance with GDPR.
Which personal data might we collect?
· Name, Job Title and any Organisations you work for.
· Demographic information (e.g. postcode or region in which you work).
· Email address, postal address and phone numbers.
· Financial, bank, credit card and VAT information (for purposes such as payments and invoicing).
· Details of your property and land ownership (inc. way-leaves, easements, or covenants which may impact upon the design or construction of your project).
· Personal descriptions, preferences, and photographs etc.
· Data from website usage.
· Any other information you share with us.
This data may have been shared in person, via business card, email, or over the phone.
How do we comply with our obligations under GDPR?
We comply with our obligations under the GDPR by:
· Not collecting excessive information.
· Only retaining information for as long as is necessary, and in accordance with our contractual obligations.
· Providing appropriate protection of data against unauthorised access and disclosure by ensuring and preserving appropriate technical, physical, and procedural measures.
· Ensuring personal data is accurate and correcting inaccuracies discovered or notified to us.
What we will not do with your data
· We will never send unsolicited emails and we will only send you information about our services if requested by you to do so.
· Information collected about the client is used only for the provision of our services to the client. This information is not used for any other purposes.
· We will not disclose information regarding our clients to third parties unless the client has first given their consent or if the third party is a mutual professional client also connected with, or providing services relating to our client’s project. (The only except is where we are legally bound to provide information to insurance companies, loss assessors, regulatory authorities and any other fraud prevention agencies for the purposes of fraud prevention and to comply with any regulatory issues and disclosures. Or any legal or crime prevention agencies and / or to satisfy any regulatory request if we have a duty to do so or the law allows us to do so).
How and why do we use / process this information?
· In responding to new enquires.
· To carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us, and to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us.
· For managing business relationships in the provision of services (e.g. agreeing service provision, and accounting purposes etc).
· To understand your needs and provide you with an improved service.
· To help constantly improve the services and products we offer.
· Emails, letters of phone calls to keep you updated with the progress of your project(s).
· Internal record keeping (on a secure database).
· Notifying you about changes to our service.
· To purchase goods, materials or services from you.
· On occasion we might provide you, (or permit selected third parties to provide you) with information about goods or services which we feel may be of interest to you or may be relevant to your project with us. (Please contact us if you do not wish us to use your information in this way).
· Improving website experience and use.
· Data for suppliers, materials and third-party service.
What is the Legal Basis for Processing Data?
We send information on the basis of legitimate interest. We do not need consent for this, but ensure that people have an easy way to opt out of any communications.
Our employee data is managed on the basis of Legitimate Interest and Contract of Employment. Processing data is required for carrying out responsibilities under Employment Law. We process data on behalf of our clients under that same basis.
We comply with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). We will not intentionally collect any information from anyone under the age of 13 years old. Our website and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years of age or older.
When we need your consent to use your personal data
We always want you to be aware of how we are using your personal data. However, this does not necessarily mean that we are required to ask for your consent before we can use it. In the day-to-day running of our business we may use your personal data without asking for your consent because:
• We are entering into and carrying out our obligations under a contract with you.
• We need to use your personal data for our own legitimate purposes (such as the management and administration of our business and the improvement of our services etc) and our doing so will not interfere with your privacy rights.
In exceptional circumstances we may wish to use your personal data for a different purpose which does require your consent. In these circumstances we will contact you to explain how we wish to use your data and to ask for your consent. You are not required to give consent simply because we ask for it. If you do give consent you are able to change your mind and withdraw it at a later date.
You are not under a legal obligation to provide us with any of your personal data but please note that if you elect not to provide us with your personal data we may be unable to reasonably provide our products and services to you.
Storing your personal data
Your data will be stored in our database and may be accessible by employees of MOOi Architecture Ltd where it is necessary for them to do so in order to undertake their duties relating to business matters. It may also be stored on our secure accountancy software package.
We take substantial measures to ensure there is no unauthorised access to any of our information or databases, and utilise a range of physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to protect this information as well as our computers, systems, and email accounts.
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary, but may be for a period of up to 12 years beyond the end of a contract under seal, where details need to be kept for 12 years for legal purposes, including warranties.
In the unlikely event of a data breach we shall endeavour to inform individuals if we think their rights are affected. We will aim to notify anyone affected and, if applicable the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), within 72 hours of becoming aware.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please e-mail us at email@example.com
www.mooiarchitecture.co.uk is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
A cookie is a text file sent by a web server – a device where one or more websites are stored – to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The text file is then sent back to the web server each time the web browser requests a page from the web server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser and provide richer user experiences for visitors to a web site.
Our website automatically installs a cookie into your web browser when you visit this website. This cookie is referred to as a “session” cookie; that means; the cookie lasts only as long as your current session when using our website.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates anonymous statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website. Google will store this information.
Below is a full list of cookies that we currently use on this website at the time of writing this update:
__utma – This cookie is used by our Google analytics tracking software to store information about your visit to mooiarchitecture.co.uk
__utmb – This cookie is used by our Google analytics tracking software to store information about your visit to mooiarchitecture.co.uk
__utmc – This cookie is used by our Google analytics tracking software to store information about your visit to mooiarchitecture.co.uk
__utmz – This cookie tells us how you reached maritime-rh.com. (e.g. via an ad, an email link etc.)
It’s used to calculate search engine traffic and the effectiveness of ad campaigns, as well as the journeys within www.mooiarchitecture.co.uk
Session cookies (for example: ddfd5b8e2eb21abeda21d8f744ea3c4a) are generated by the website which automatically install into a visitor’s web browser when visiting this website. The cookies are active only for the current session, and are deleted when the web browser is closed.
If you choose not to accept cookies, then only the standard session cookie will load and be active until you close your web browser, the website will not function as intended and some facilities will be unavailable.
If you’d prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from mooiarchitecture.co.uk, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so please check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
You can learn more about cookies at AboutCookies.org